Have you heard of the One Room Challenge? Linda from Calling It Home came up with this fabulous challenge. To give you a quick overview, twenty design bloggers transform one room in their home or their clients homes over six weeks. The designers provide weekly updates on their blog. See the list of designers and Linda's week one post here. I am far from a designer but love a good transformation so I decided to play along. I have done work on our master bedroom over the years. (You can read about our upholstered headboard here and reupholstered stool here and our Ikea curtains here.) But it is not quite finished. Actually, when I look at the pictures with the television it is sorta depressing that I look at that every night. Here is an overview of the space...
I have a very limited budget. Hopefully I can complete most of the list below. Here is the plan...
1. Sew new bed skirt. I already have fabric for this project...yay!
2. Create gallery wall around the television. I plan to use the print resting again the wall. My sweet friend, Micah, painted it for me for my birthday. (More on that to come)
3. New pillow for the white chair.
4. New fabric on the dressing table stool.
5. New pillow for the bed.
6. New accessorizing.
Okay...these are "maybes" depending on my time & budget constraints...
1. Paint the dressers. I really want to do this but it a big job. I have been considering doing a two tone look similar to this to make the process a little easier. You can follow my painted furniture board on Pinterest for more inspiration.
|Picture from here.|
3. New bedspread. I would love to have a new spread but that can be pricey so we will see.
4. Rug. Would love a new rug but that probably isn't happening. :)
What do you think? Check back every Thursday for updates to my space.